The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Month 6 - and we roll on

Today we had about 40 folks join us for lunch.  Old friends bringing new friends, people who --"didn't know you were here!" - just drove by / walked by, and a large number of returning patrons.

I am constantly amazed and pleased by the number of people who have ideas, recommendations and are willing to take personal interest / action in our making more inroads in building success for the BR.  The  sincerity and worthwhile input is helpful to us on so many levels, I don't know if  all new businesses have such great customers, but I do feel we are really lucky with ours!

As you probably know, this is our (Bob & I) first experience in retail / food service.

 -- I don't know that it is totally atypical, however I am quite sure it is not the standard operating procedure for new small business like ours to engender the level of commitment / care & support that I strongly feel from those who visit us often.

PS -- look for new cookies in the bakery this week -- coconut macaroons for one.
---- look for a new scone flavor too.


No comments: