The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Moving into the evening, at home after a great day at the Blue Rooster - I am happy to take a few moments to write and reflect on the day.

As I mentioned a few days ago, we planned our first "taking reservations" day for today.  It worked well in that those with reservations were seated in a very timely fashion, however those with reservations were just 25%  or so of those who came in for a meal today.  It was our biggest day ever --- and more importantly to the learning curve, we did it with ease and no problems in the dining room or kitchen!

Beyond the mechanics of the day and the pleasure of seeing so many visit us, I had the distinct pleasure of watching the meaning of love of your fellow man in action.  It is indeed a privilege to be part of a community where, with no fanfare, no need for recognition - neighbor helps neighbor.

I feel very fortunate to be in a position to occasionally see how people touch one another. 

No comments: