The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New breads

As I entered several great new bread items (sprouted wheat, sesame whole wheat & sunflower whole wheat) into the computer system, I had a very strong memory of our first week in operation.
The computer system was set up -- no major stress testing or for that matter any other testing done with rigor -- and -- we had established the bread category as taxable. It is not!
One woman was adamant about this and I was unclear as to whether artisan bread might fall into a different category, so I did not make the change based on her comment alone.
She came again, she was very sure and upset by our error in this --
fixed before long, but such a clear memory of the first days and how much we had to learn and how we had to fix as we went along!

BTW - those new breads -- we are planning to have one on the bake schedule daily.. stay tuned.

No comments: