What a week of "wow!" The very kind review by Susan Yeske in the Trenton Times last Friday has added to our cage visitors since the very day it was published - last Friday. Unprompted, many folks are telling us that they are visiting because they read the review. We are doing record numbers of meals at breakfast & lunch each day this week as well as last weekend.
So, we took a bit of a turn for Wednesday and I went into the "lion's den" -- I worked the "line" along with one of our cook's for both breakfast and lunch. In an attempt to be sure I was "OK" we simplified the menu and put on some specials. Thanks to all of you who had your heart set on "A" and yet were willing to try "B". It was a good experience for me to see the world of the BR from that perspective.
Now, for those of you asking regularly about when we will get going with a regular dinner service -- my apologies for the fits & starts, we want to be sure we are going to deliver a high level of consistent food and service and a few items have come up that have made it impractical to go forward at the pace I had planned.
So, watch this space & if you are on our email distribution list, watch that space. I promise, we are working as quickly as possible to bring the Thurs, Fri, and Sat dinner to you all.
And so it is, month 11 - still learning lots each day and beginning to feel that what I hear from visitors is more than just a chance favorable comment. My particular thanks to each one of you who has pointed out an area where we need to look more closely, where we need to improve or change and where we have fallen down in our delivery.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment