4th of July weekend -- extraordinarily busy on Friday. In fact, a party of 2 left without being served. We are extremely sorry this happened. They got caught between the "we need more hands" & more hands arriving. I think we (me really) are doing a better job planning staff for each shift and now that we have bussers as a regular lunchtime feature, all seems much smoother & seating seems to be faster for those waiting. Pls let me know your thoughts on this as well.
So, busy, busy Friday; Sat - where were all the Sat breakfast and late lunch crowd??? At the beach & barbecue I imagine. We sent staff home early on Sat. And Sunday -- back to our crowds for breakfast all day. Back to new visitors having their first Irish breakfast in "20+ years" for one fellow; returning visitors letting me know they "dream about" our Timbale of eggs or the Brioche French toast" - we made it through another holiday weekend and the staff is solid from bussers to waitstaff to hostess and retail/barista. I imagine there is more we could do to serve everyone a bit better and I take my guidance in this area from our visitors. So, we continue to grow and learn, to tweak and try, to serve and enjoy the wonder of providing good food to great people.
Thank you all!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment