Not everyone has this POV and I know this from years of working with people who like to keep at the status quo or just don't like change -- period.
I get excited about changes and the prospects of doing more, better, more, efficiently, more effectively and on and on. This is how it goes for me, whether it be the BR or back in biz school, consultancy or corp life.
Tamping it down to keep all around here @ The BR from going crazy with the thoughts of what might change is a challenge.
Last year we were about keeping the doors open, doing the basics and getting up each day to do it again and again.
This year we have hope & prospects and so the goal setting and changes part of me is in gear. Watch this space. Much is afoot...
For now, I am pleased to say I've found a way to post each week's dinner menu live and in timely fashion & you can subscribe to it if you are on facebook. The notes portion of facebook will hold the menu and I'll put it up by 12 noon on Thursdays (not as early as I'd like, but what I can commit to today).
New hours sign is finally up outside!
Petit Fours are the hottest seller in the bakery dessert case - who knew?!? Watch for the great looking Valentine's Petit fours we'll have in around that time in Feb.
The wheat bread today is spectacular - favor, color, texture -- there may be a loaf left in the morning.
And the cupcakes are back on the upswing -- we are seriously committed to selling FRESH only - if you have gotten a less than fresh cupcake or other item - I want to know. You are helping us when you give feedback about problems. Believe me, I'd rather hear about it and be able to make a correction than not hear about it and see you leave us or see sales of an item drop off.
Everyone who works in the shop wants to do the right job and sell only the best product, I know that, however sometimes the crossover in people or the changes in process make it tough to do right 100% of the time -- always our goal with customers.
No comments:
Post a Comment