Today, so typical - I got nothing done on my list & if you could see this office (as more than a few have when exploring our upstairs or heading to the children's play room!), I imagine you would not wonder at why nothing on list got done.
I really have a strong organizational bent and tend to do things in a fairly orderly fashion, sometimes to the extreme. However, sharing an office space & having no secretary type person working with me (yes, I am of the vintage that I did once upon a time have a secretary to file, answer the phone, set the appointments, and all that jazz - seems like another lifetime, ah -- it was!)
Anyway, no excuses, I am sticking around tonight to do the main bit - get the desktop cleared and order the work for the balance of the week.
That overly organized part of me flared today - had an appointment @ 9am with a candidate for job here. At 9:30 I grumbled and thought, a no-show. Not the first time.
At 10 I was visiting customers in dining room and my 9 o'clock introduced herself, as if the hour were not of import. and perhaps it wasn't. however, I do try to keep a schedule and 9 had past by, 10 was upon me and I needed to head out to the market. So, not a candidate anymore. I also believe in the first impression and mine was - late, no show, not interested in keeping a bit of professionalism in the mix.
I get the the restaurant biz is not Fortune 500 Corporate suits, however I believe time management & keeping commitments is of value person to person.
Coffee delivery today - freshly roasted BR blend arrived at 3pm. We had our last 1/2 pot brewed up - is that the best just in time or were we just lucky that he was able to get out to us today??
Anyway, it was roasted in the AM and we'll grind it up tomorrow morning, stop by.
Looking for a committed, professional barista -- coffee & retail are coming on strong all day long, so if you are one or know one -- think about checking out our website.
No comments:
Post a Comment