The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Goal setting for the new year

Last year the goal was to stay solvent through the first full year. Check that off, successfully accomplished.
This year the goals need to be set in tandem with my partner - and I know we will have differing views of what might be of value. Wednesday is our day for doing this work.
With the front of house cafe staff, I have set a goal of instituting continuous improvement using a training model and I think that will work well.
With the front of house retail/coffee & tea staff, I am planning to review a goal around time to serve successfully.
With the cooks, I have set preliminary goals to bring our customers back to saying "wow!" about more of our dishes.
For the overall business goals, I will lean toward building what we do well, choosing a few key areas of new focus and assuring we stick to our commitments to community and balance.

Should we have goals around specific foods, more local exploration of what we might use, how to get more engaged with CSAs in the area, other farms, being more than a member of slow food? Should we have goals around employee career growth and more that mirrors the corp world?

No comments: