The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

a sunny visitor on thursday

A lovely woman visited the shop on Thursday.  She told me that I had invited her (and a friend) into the shop one evening the prior week after closing.  I remember that they were on the porch reviewing the menu and I poked my head out and asked if they'd like to have a look inside.  They did and said they'd be back.
She was very complementary and told us about her work at a dance camp - in fact, she purchased a loaf of our latest addition to the bread wall -- Pumpernickel - for the camp supper that night.
We  are,  I feel,  very fortunate to meet and get to know a bit about so many people who pass through, visit as a destination, or just happen upon Cranbury and then find us.
This particular lady had such a pixie-look, and an impish light in her eye -  hope we see more of her, as we do with so many.  
Today a couple who are now regulars on Sunday, mid-morning, spent some time talking with me. They told me they look forward to joining us each week.  They like the "feel" and the calm of the place.  
It makes a hard day worthwhile just to hear someone who enjoys visiting us.

Our other visitor on Thursday was a break baker.  He is joining Bob & Cory and he learned his craft in Germany; has SA heritage; lived in London and other stations with a family where Dad was in the British army.

He's starting with us this week, so look for new breads.  (I'll twitter about them as they come)


No comments: