The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

New and more of the same great customers

Rarely does a day go by when I don't talk with a customer who says something like this:  "Hi, I'm back and I've brought my friend(s).  It's their first time here!"

And then I thank them for helping us continue to grow and prosper.  We don't advertise, so it is our customers and friends spreading the word that brings new folks into the rooster.

We do sponsorship on NJN and this week we sponsored a challenge grant during the fundraising week.  I've also been hearing alot from folks who have heard the NJN spot.

Is this blog-worthy; probably not.  However I am curious to know what other small food businesses are doing in this economy with regard to advertising.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did that very thing and was extremely embarrassed when the owners wife was rude to an out-of-town friend.
My (Irish) husband and I had been in before and he got quite a warm welcome. We returned a few times with friends and family.
But - the last time, and I mean last time, I came in we were treated so badly by the owner's wife that I will now tell as many people of my bad experience! It surprises me that they host a children's story time because it was the children that seemed to be the problem. If children are not welcome - they should do themselves a favor and post it at the door!