The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

And I'll start with an apology to the mom who brought friends and found the "welcome" wanting for the children with the group. (blog comment, thanks for writing - it all helps, even when it is tough to "hear"!)

On this glorious morning, with danish baking right now & a pastry case full of luscious raspberry swirl cheesecakes, carrot cakes, fruit tart & of course holiday fancy cupcakes, it is the start of our first Easter as the BR. We are learning & trying different things all the time.

I am glad to know & sorry that I caused negative comments to be in the "wind" about the BR.

The customer service arena has for over 20 yrs known that a favorable comment is shared with 3-4 people & a negative comment is shared with twice that many. The blog commenter holds up those stats.

Theory and practice -- so vastly different and I now live 7 days a week, 11 hours / day in the world of practice. When I worked in the theory world with clients, it was so much less close to the bone!

I apologize to anyone who has had a less than satisfactory experience @ the BR.


I know the staff is well trained, I know the food is good and I trust from what so many people tell me, that the ambiance is topnotch. The idea that I mess up the overall good we have going is tough, since I really love everything about the BR. I need to look to me and see how I can moderate the rough edges, ongoing!

No comments: