The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Springtime brings out walkers and lunchers

Monday, slow restaurant day, some folks don't open on Mondays.  Since we are a bakery & cafe, we decided that 7 days open would be important, so we do Mondays.  This was not the first week where we had a good Monday in the cafe.  And I guess I need to do a relational analysis of the weather to understand a bit more about how important the weather is to our bis.
Day before yesterday, the weather was good and we did a strong lunch.  The issue we had was lack of staff --- hostess didn't show, and we had 1 waitress + me -- so a table or two left rather than wait (hard to wait, I know if you see empty tables!).
My view is that while you are waiting for a table, you know what's up, you are waiting.  I believe and we try our best to execute on this 100% of the time -- once you are seated, you will get the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
So, sorry to those of you who left, if you by chance catch this blog.
Today, Tuesday, another lovely day and another strong lunch -- we were better staffed although still no hostess -- where are you ?!?! --- 
Several waiting parties took up our offer to txt them when their table was ready.  2 parties returned and were seated, one made other arrangements, I guess.  This seems a good way for us to let people enjoy a bit of pre-lunch shopping or a walk to the lake & it keeps the crowds down on the porch!  so, win-win.

No comments: