I have not been one to go out on MOther's Day in the past and I am really pleased to have this opportunity and challenge. If you are going to be with us, I really look forward to seeing you!
In addition to the big weekend, we are in the thick of finding someone who can truly do the job of hosting during lunch several days a week. This is necessary so that I can work on planning events, parties and future offerings @ the BR.
So far, no one has found the job to be what they want to do, or they are not willing or able to do what is necessary. So, the search continues. I know that no one will have the overarching view of the BR that I do, nor is a worker likely to "see" all that I do that needs to be done / could be done to enhance the experience, provide the best atmosphere, attend to unasked questions / needs. Am I out of touch to think that I will find the person who can do what I do or is it possible that the person is right under my nose? I truly don't know at this point. I have always felt that there is not much I couldn't do for 1 year, so having started month 9 in full-fulltime mode, I am OK with it most days.
What else is new? I was asked by a lady in California to deliver a b-day cake to her Dad. I did. She called back to tell me how much he liked the cake & the delivery - so that is part of what makes any day have a smile!
And this Friday the girl scouts will be coming in to learn a bit about the biz.. more to follow.
Yesterday the camera club came in and took a host of pics -- a few too many of the post-lunch dirty dishes... a well, they are part of the kitchen's ebb and flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment