The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Tuesday, October 21st is Day 50 open.

At 50 days, we feel good about our progress in many areas - the croissant and pain au chocolat are in preliminary testing before coming back into full production.  Our chefs are beginning to take hold of the basic menu and are adding many interesting and complementary variations and special dishes.  
The risottos, pastas, Mac & Cheese and Cassoulette continue to get rave reviews as does all the bread and all the breakfast dishes made with bread (have you tried the cinnamon raisin french toast?)
The staff and Bob and I are settling into a bit of a pattern -- busy a good bit of the time.  We are pleased to be learning the names and tastes of some folks who are becoming "regulars" and we are enjoying meeting "friend of friends" -- so many of you are finding us through your friends.  Thanks for that, it is a great way for our popularity to grow!




1 comment:

suthrncan said...

I live in Plainsboro and today was my first day eating at the Blue Rooster! I have been anxious to try it out!

My only complaint was that I had to get my order to go and was not able to enjoy the lovely settings of your cafe. I really appreciate the fact that you have vegetarian sausage on your menu! My organic eggs were cooked to perfection and our cupcakes were everything a cupcake should be! I especially love the fact that you have lose leaf chai!! I love chai but never order it anywhere because I cannot stand those syrup concnetrates!

I look forward to experiencing your afternoon tea!

Congratulations and I hope that you guys will continue to be successful!