There is no fancy story behind the name. Bob and I spent time brainstorming names and with our first list in hand, we did a bit of test marketing. No clear winners. Back to the drawing board -- Bob became enamoured with the name: The Baker's Peel. Test market result: "What is that?" "What does it mean?" -- for those of you who fall in that camp - a baker's peel is the tool used to take hot breads from the oven!
Some of my best ideas tend to surface when I stop "trying" and let them come. The Blue Rooster came to me just that way. I believe it surfaced as a compilation of many of my favorite things -- the color blue (I love it) the bit of European influence of the cockerel and so we went to the test market with The Blue Rooster. The response for the most part was --- a smile, a nod, a positive "ummm". And so we took it to a wider audience and the response was similar.
Now, what I was asked then was -- what is the genesis of the name -- what is the story, why. You now have the actual story.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So...you aren't affiliated with the Blue Rooster in Washington State? Your logo is quite similar to theirs.
http://www.thebrooster.com/
What about the one in New Zealand? Again, similar logos.
http://www.bluerooster.co.nz/
How about the Blue Rooster near Atlanta? Maybe the one in Stamford?
Post a Comment