The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The telephone issue!

A number of our customers have been kind enough to let us know that our phone number is not listed with the 411 services. (As you may remember, earlier we had a number listed & it was our fax machine, so that was really distressing to those who called & go the fax "noise" in their ear -- sorry about that once again!)
We made a decision to have the shop phone (609 235 7539 -- as indicated on all paper collateral and hopefully now the only number on the website -- of this I'm not sure, my cell or Bob's may still be posted in one or two places --) be a cellular phone. And so it is, and so we are not listed with the land line carriers. (if anyone knows how we can be, I'd love to hear about it) I do have a google listing for us but I have not endeavored to fill out info about the shop on the myriad sites that are possible -- opinions on where we might do well would be very welcome.

But now to the current issue: When the phone is not answered, we are not great at the "callback"!!

Today I found a message from early in the week requesting confirmation of a tea reservation. No one had picked up the message, so needless to say, no confirmation was made and no tea was had. I am so sorry, because I know this mother and daughter and I know they really would have had a lovely time together over tea at the rooster. I also know that they are not ones to waste an opportunity for an outing.

We are strengthening our commitment to customers by putting the baristas (all 4 of them!) into a position of accountability for the phone - answered or not -- to get messages and reply on the same day.

I hope if you've had any phone problems (or others for that matter) that you will let us know -- blog, email or in person.

No comments: