The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

How much can you do in an hour & a half?

Last Sunday a woman stopped in between 12:30 - 12:45 and liked what she saw. "May we offer you a seat?"
"No. My husband & I are on our way over to Princeton to pick up our son & we saw you & wanted to see what it was like. - How late are you open?"
"We stop serving at 2pm on Sundays."
"Great, we'll pick him up & come back. It's great to find a spot like this, we've tried all in Princeton & are ready for a change."
"Excellent, we look forward to seeing you later."

Didn't work out for her, whatever the reason. I got to thinking about how much I try to cram into an hour and what can really get done in that amount of time. Two ways: one - just me doing & the other, me working with others, counting on others to be done with something I need, etc -- I imagine there are a few folks who can relate.
I also reminisced to days in college and how unlikely I was to want to go along with a new little place my parents had found! In NC, in Durham, the place to go with parents was and I think still is for some The Angus Barn. Out by the airport, steak house with linen table cloths. It was always good, except for the vegetarian period..

Looking for the sun as I write....

No comments: