We do not sell tons of them & they are fragile, so we keep them as Mad Max sends them to us - individually packaged & frozen. This will keep them fresh for weeks.
I have 1 of each flavor (Choc, White choc., pistachio, raspberry, lemon & apricot) in the bakery case as SAMPLES only.
So the couple ate & left ---- did they buy macaroons? I don't know for sure -- inventory says that 4 were sold on Sunday. FOUR WERE MISSING FROM THE SAMPLE CASE!!!
As some readers will recognize -- not one employee sold those 4 macaroons from the sample case!
I would so love to find that wonderful couple & send them fresh macaroons -- I can only imagine how their view of us shifted based on the macaroons I feel quite sure they were sold!
If you read this -- please, please email or call -- I have fresh Mad Max macaroons with your name on them (an expression only -- if I knew your name -- I would send them on to you!)
If anyone hears a bad macaroon story attached to the BR, it is I firmly believe a "once off". We have retrained & reminded all staff & we have re-"signed" the sample case to more fully assure they will never be sold.
Ideas for what more we might do (other than sell more each day and not need a sample set-- this would of course be great however the market for macaroons seems a bit specialized) -- pls let me know!
I understand that M Stewart spoke about MM macaroons recently, so perhaps selling more is coming along. We love the product & they are closest to the Parisian macaroons that bring memories back to all who have had the afternoon experience at Laduree!
No comments:
Post a Comment