The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5th

I left the shop and had a quick manicure today -- for what it's worth, it made me feel a bit more in touch with the world outside the Blue Rooster. I love the inside of the Blue Rooster and all who come here (yes, I did come back after the manicure...) regularly. I am beginning to really remember names, family connections and the bits of life stories that are so kindly shared with me.
At least two of our regular customers successfully completed the NYC marathon on Sunday - what a great feat for them!

The buzz was particularly high both yesterday and today as we Americans took our responsibility to vote and to engage in discussion about the vote seriously. I loved seeing so many cars turn down school house lane from 6:20 am and on through the day!
For the first time in our 2 + months, the NY Times front section did not remain in the shop all day -- someone must have needed to finish reading an article or share it.

No comments: