The Blue Rooster Bakery and Café Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's got to be love.......

Sunday morning, outside the village of Levens, France.

I am sitting on the terrace of my friend's home, looking over an ancient glacially dug valley.  At its mouth is Nice and beyond, the cote d'Azure.

The shades of green and the palette of blues are astonishing in their range and abundance.  The birds' song is riotous and beyond them, the silence is just so -- broken by the occasional group of cyclists going by as they do the mountain circuit or by the bark of a dog off down the valley.

My first thought is -- I wish Bob (the baker and husband) were here and I ope we come here together before too long,.

My second thought is -- wouldn't the pups (our 3 English Cocker Spaniels) love to romp across the 6 terraces that make up my friend's rural acreage.  (He has 50 olive trees, lavender run wild and an herb garden that fills the air with sweet and savory fragrances throughout the day and into the evening.

And then it happens, my third thought -- as the fragrances of the Herbs de Provence waft deliciously in my direction -- wouldn't an egg dish made with a bit of luscious cheese and these herbs be a lovely addition to the Blue Rooster menu?

Yes, I've been away.  I've not been blogging to keep you informed of the massive progress made toward completion of our construction project.  However, you and the Blue Rooster are rarely far from the front of my mind!

No comments: